[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 943: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone 'UTC' for now, but please set date.timezone to select your timezone.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 943: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone 'UTC' for now, but please set date.timezone to select your timezone.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
www.LostParadiseLS.com • View topic - Just thought you ought to know what you're claiming against.

Just thought you ought to know what you're claiming against.

Wish to bring something up with LP? Post it here!

Moderator: LP Leadership

Re: Just thought you ought to know what you're claiming against.

Postby Valkyrei » Thu Feb 11, 2010 1:44 pm

Emolite wrote:
Maybe on other servers botting is completely acceptable, but it's not as widespread here certainly, and definitely not accepted, so before you go admitting it, claiming that everyone else does it omg! you should give being legit instead, it's really not that hard to not look like assholes.

ope, where was that post?
Girly romance manga makes me the Mutha Fucking BOSS!
Valkyrei

Postby Maimed » Thu Feb 11, 2010 1:47 pm

Manipulate what? You mentioned yourself LP admitted to botting on BG. Joee knew about it. Hell anyone who was oldschool endgame who trolled BG forums knew of this. This was public knowledge. It's not like you gave me the secret list of the all active botters in the linkshell. It appears the same four people in almost every linkshell seem to get all the claims anyway. They msut all have great internet connections with PS2s.

Re: Khimaira. Believe what you want about "afk claim" because I find it comical that's the route people need to go about making themselves feel better about not claiming. Last night Big and a few others were busting my balls on vent for playing World of Warcraft in between Khim windows, but you're right, we were all afk asleep during claim. That must have been it, we have auto-tanking bot scripts and everything :)
Maimed

Postby Ook » Thu Feb 11, 2010 1:50 pm

You may think Jtmoney is a good player, which is fine, but you should know everybody else on the server thinks he's a fucking joke. And I do mean EVERYBODY.
Ook

Postby Wingedangel » Thu Feb 11, 2010 1:52 pm

Just because your linkshell bots doesn't mean everybody else does
Wingedangel

Postby Fyrestorm » Thu Feb 11, 2010 1:53 pm

Fyrestorm

Postby Valkyrei » Thu Feb 11, 2010 1:54 pm

have JT show you how he solo's temperance, there's mad skill there and see if he does it to other things he solos
Girly romance manga makes me the Mutha Fucking BOSS!
Valkyrei

Postby Emolite » Thu Feb 11, 2010 1:59 pm

like I said, four years ago with a completely different group of people. None of the people who botted even play anymore. We stopped after that post, and proceeded to claim almost nothing for months, until UP disbanded.

And I think Big was afk for first minute of claim, not all of you, don't be stupid.

I defend your shell a lot in LP, you can ask anyone, and I guess I thought you'd not do something like try to make something that happened four years ago sound like it happened in the past four months instead. but thanks. <_<
Emolite

Postby Greyraven » Thu Feb 11, 2010 2:41 pm

Maimed wrote:It's not like you gave me the secret list of the all active botters in the linkshell. It appears the same four people in almost every linkshell seem to get all the claims anyway. They msut all have great internet connections with PS2s.

Figuring that I have a pretty decent claim rate at camps, I wonder if I'm one of those four? That being said, I've proudly played on a shitty, beat up PS2 for six years. I play on laptop from work, too, but it's no where as quick on loading up mobs as that PS2 is. Orite. And I have a high-speed business cable line at home, due to my roommate being a supervisor at Comcast.

So there's my excuse. Feel free to expand on yours. You know. About the botting. Would love for you to grow a pair and man up to the shit you're pulling off. More of an insult to our intelligence that you deny it. A lot of us have done endgame faaaaaaaaar too long and seen our share of botting shells come and go. Becomes kind of obvious what's botted and what isn't.

That being said, do you remember me sending you a tell that time Defiance grabbed SW in Merimount after one of your claimers died? You guys were being cunts by having your whole shell stand on top of their tanks. Remember that? Ya, you should. That particular day, Washburn was being watched. He stood in one place the entire time until worm popped, and then bee-lined it straight for SW. I sent you a tell saying "I think Washburn's using third party tools." That was done as a courtesy from one leader to another. You shot down my theory. Just feels good seeing Washburn's post on your forums from a few days back...

Washburn wrote:Just to be honest, iBot, or did. I botted my ass off to get an edge on everything i did, and i could care fucking less. I loved botting so cocksmoking dbags like google here has something to do with his life. I botted probaby 95% of my NM's and HNM's i've ever done. I never made it public that i did this b/c i wanted everyone in my LS to not use it as a topic for ffxi etiquette.

Oh. And ya, I sincerely doubt it's an LP member that's coming on as "Googleplex" or "Shirio" or whoever it is that's flaming you guys right now. One thing I can say about this shell is that we have enough balls to post as ourselves. People aren't likely to hide their identities. Where's the fun in that? lol
Greyraven

Postby Maimed » Thu Feb 11, 2010 5:39 pm

Unless someone is physically at your computer scanning your files to see what 3rd party programs you actually use, there is no definitive guarantee as to whether or not someone is botting. I've heard of people claim to play on PS2/XBOX and were really PC users. It doesn't matter to me, nor do I actually keep track of the names of people in each linkshell that I suspect of botting. Personally, if anyone is that concerned, just report it to the Square Enix Special Taskforce. I'm sure they have some way of finding out whether or not a claim was done legitimately. Knowing SE and their dedication to their customers. They'll probably do jacks hit except claim to be investigating and not bother to disclose their results to the person filing the complaint.

In regards to the linkshells that bot... let's do the math. WTF has been around 5 months now. We've had 7 Aspid claims. That's roughly just over 1 per month. So unless Adamantoise is at day 25+, there are other linkshells that claim during the month. Let's assume HQ pops approximately every 6-7 days, hell let's just say 7 just for the sake of argument. I think it's safe to say HQ Kings pop about 4x a month. How many Aspids has LP claimed in the last 5 months? How about TDG? and let's not forget TG? If it's approximately 1 each, then I'd say the competition is about even. If there is a linkshell that claims more than twice a month (obviously not WTF since we've only had a total of 7 Aspids) why isn't anyone up in arms about their ridiculous HQ claimrate? Oh wait, maybe it's because people are petty and don't like the fact that a new linkshell consisting of a roster that came from a combination of Cognatus, UltimateSynergy, TDG, etc. is keeping up with the rest of the "Big" HNM linkshells on the server. We all apparently suck when we have some of the best tanks on the server.

The key difference between our linkshell and most other HNM linkshells on fairy is we aren't elitists. We make mistakes and are willing to laugh, learn, and move on. We're willing to show someone the way to Dragon's Aery for the first time after joining an HNM linkshell and not mock them for being such a noob. Our competitive advantage is our people. We have a young, energetic new breed of HNM player whereas older linkshells like Eden was a classic example of a linkshell where oldschool simply lost their motivation to log on and the shell eventually died. Honestly, when you do the numbers, we're not ridiculously outclaiming any linkshell by any substantial amount yet the accusations come flying at 100mph the moment WTF has gotten claim. I'm honestly convinced most of the drama associated with our linkshell had to do with the fact that a core part of the member base consisted of people that left TDG (I'm one of four people left from that original crew), association with the likes of Joee/Sapatarau, and the fact that there may be a slight bit of jealousy that a new linkshell is entering the race, and holding its own.

As far as defending Defiance goes. They were openly talking shit about how they didn't even bother scanning for Sandworm because one of their members had access to our linkpearl and knew where it popped without having to do the work. It's your choice to defend them if you'd like but personally I think it's pretty lame to piggyback off the work of another HNM linkshell.

It's possible that Googleplex, Blackhawk, and Shiriokumo (forums imposter, not really him) aren't LP members. Hell they could be disgruntled ex-WTF members for all anyone knows. However you cannot deny that Ligerzero openly said to me in /say at a Temenos entrance that a WTF sackholder was seeking to repearl the linkshell and pull half the roster with them. When I asked who it was Liger stayed quiet and said he couldn't reveal the source of that information... it makes me wonder if this is a petty attempt to strike paranoia (which indeed worked) or a silly prank that wasn't made clear was a joke within a reasonable amount of time. So, you're more than welcome to claim LP members are completely innocent from any & all wrongdoing. I know better. We're all human. There are decent people and idiots amongst us all, regardless of what color our pearls are.
Maimed

Postby Ook » Thu Feb 11, 2010 6:11 pm

Haha Liger, think he was talking about sapa iirc, I remember that.
Ook

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion