[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 943: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone 'UTC' for now, but please set date.timezone to select your timezone.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 943: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone 'UTC' for now, but please set date.timezone to select your timezone.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
www.LostParadiseLS.com • View topic - For those planning on 14 and 11

For those planning on 14 and 11

Wish to bring something up with LP? Post it here!

Moderator: LP Leadership

For those planning on 14 and 11

Postby Tna » Wed Aug 18, 2010 12:12 pm

http://ffxiv.zam.com/story.html?story=23007

Adventurers coming from Vana'diel will be interested in hearing about what bonuses are in store for them if they decide to subscribe to both games.

Reduced Monthly Fee

XI and XIV Developer Hiromichi Tanaka had previously hinted at a reduction in the monthly fee of Final Fantasy XI and ZAM has since learned that current XI subscribers will receive a $5.95 base discount when both XI and XIV are registered to the same Square Enix Account. This discount will not apply during a free trial of either games and will only be offered to subscribers who pay by credit card. The discount will only be applied to one XI account per XIV account.

Users debating playing both games will only have until January 2011 to take advantage of the discount. If you do, your base fee for Final Fantasy XI would only be $7.00 versus $12.95!

Bonus XIV In-Game Item

A second bonus available to subscribers of both games is a special in-game item called Hermes Shoes.

Described as, "Named after an elder god, all but forgotten in the modern age, these gold-tipped shoes have been crafted with the lightest of leathers, making them optimal for use by heralds and noterunners.”, the Hermes Shoes will be available in your inventory at the start of the game, provided that you have an active XI account linked before your character is created and you must have a valid Content ID registered. The account cannot be in a free trial period.

Transfer Your Vana'diel Character Name

A third bonus to players of both worlds is the chance to transfer your character name over to Eorzea. However, due to restrictions on this feature, it's hard to envision many players taking advantage of this bonus.

Transfers will not be applicable with the following instances:

If the FINAL FANTASY XIV playable character is created before an active FINAL FANTASY XI account is linked
If, at the time that the FINAL FANTASY XIV character is created, the Content ID on the linked FINAL FANTASY XI is invalid or has been cancelled
If the linked FINAL FANTASY XI account is within the free trial period
If no FINAL FANTASY XI character exists on the linked FINAL FANTASY XI account
Character names may take up to 24 hours to be available and will automatically take on the character's Vana'diel server name as their surname.

Example:

FINAL FANTASY XI Player Character Name: Mikhalia
FINAL FANTASY XI World Name: Carbuncle
The resulting FINAL FANTASY XIV character name: Mikhalia Carbuncle
With a potential 24-hour wait on this bonus and the inability to choose your own surname, one would think that players would just as soon simply create the character with the name and surname of their choice immediately.

Update: Bonuses for the PlayStation 3 version will be announced at a later time.
Tna

Re: For those planning on 14 and 11

Postby Emolite » Wed Aug 18, 2010 9:38 pm

Emolite Fairy.

I don't think i'm going with that. <_<
Emolite

Postby Birdkiller » Wed Aug 18, 2010 10:48 pm

sup been like a year but... since ive been playing the xiv beta... sadly it makes me want to play this game again ,rather than that piece of shit they call Xiv. The game is terrible.. and yes i know its still in beta phase but its comming out in Sept and there rushing it. id give it a 4 outta 10 so far with my playtime. anyhoo just dropped in outta curiosity. peace out

btw does LP do anything now a days camping, dynamis etc? the forums seems pretty dead >_>
Birdkiller

Postby Wingedangel » Fri Aug 20, 2010 8:02 am

Lp's pretty dead from what i've been hearing ;< which sucks
I'm not sure what i think of 14 yet since I've only played the beta once lol D: but I was getting too bored of 11 anyway so eh its something different but ew I'm not having Wingedangel fairy >.>
Wingedangel

Postby Tna » Fri Aug 20, 2010 2:06 pm

Winged Fairy ;)
Tna

Postby Wingedangel » Fri Aug 20, 2010 2:27 pm

Winged angel ;>
Me+Fyre are sharing a char \o/
Wingedangel

Return to General Discussion